(Photo credit: Overcarbed.com)
Like good wine, certain beers can be aged under the right conditions, a process that enhances and changes their flavors in interesting and delicious ways. Author Patrick Dawson will help host the Le Pigeon beer dinner to celebrating the release of his book, Vintage Beer: A Taster’s Guide to Brews That Improve Over Time.
The vintage beers that will be poured alongside the five-course tasting menu include:
• Blue Dot Double IPA, Winter 2014
• Doggie Claws West Coast Barlywine, 2010
• Michael Flanders Red Ale, 2012
• Fred from the Wood Golden Strong Ale, 2012 & Bourbon Fred Golden Strong Ale, 2012
• Pannepooch Quadrupel, 2013
The Le Pigeon beer dinner is Wednesday, March 26, with two seatings, 5:30pm and 8:15pm, for $125 per person including food, beer, and gratuity. Signed copies of Dawson’s book will be available for purchase as well. To reserve a seat, please call Le Pigeon at 503-546-8796.