Breakside Brewery may be making more brett and wild beers then any brewery in Oregon right now (with the possible exception of Block 15 and Upright), and this Thursday, December 11th, the Breakside crew will be showcasing them at at Bazi Bierbrasserie on SE Hawthorne in Portland. With 9 different sour and brett beers on tap, it’s probably the largest selection on tap at one time from Breakside. The evening meet-the-brewer and tasting Sour and Brett night will run from 6-9pm; here is the beer list and their descriptions:
- La Tormenta: 6% ABV, Experimental sour ale hopped entirely with a unique hop blend including Amarillo, Galaxy and Equinox. Tart sour notes combine beautifully with tropical and citrusy hop flavors in this sweet, hoppy and tart beer.
- New World Bruin: 9% ABV, West Coast interpretation of a Flanders Red, this beer features a blend of old & young barrel aged sour beer.
- Bricolage: Pale Farmhouse with Brett
- Du Cidre: 4.9% ABV, A deliciously tart, spiced apple ale brewed with fresh pressed apple cider. fermented in primary with yeast harvested from French cider bottles and then conditioned with brettanomyces bruxellensis.
- Country Blonde: 7.2% ABV, Straw-colored, wheaten saison conditioned on Gewurztraminer grapes and a blend of wild yeast and bacteria that includes three strains of Brettanomyces and Lactobacillus.
- Brett Saison: 6.3% ABV, Hazy and rustic farmhouse ale brewed with three different strains of wild yeast; complex notes of spice, minerals, grass, and tropical fruit. Our first foray into beers made with our house blend of wild yeast and bacteria
- Wunder Brett: 7.7% ABV, Experimental blonde beer fermented 100% with Brettanomyces, conditioned on aged whole leaf hops, and blended with our Sour Golden ale.