Another off-kilter creative week-long event begins Monday December 15th with Wonka Week at The Hop & Vine in North Portland. 2014 marks the 50-year anniversary of one history’s more beloved and off-kilter books in Roald Dahl’s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. In tribute the Hop & Vine will spend a week in December getting more than a little silly. The inaugural Wonka Week will bring a bit of whimsy and wonder to Winter’s chilly evenings, with a lineup of Wonka-inspired beers, cocktails, and food. There is no admission fee and the menu will be served a la carte, while supplies last!
– Block 15 Snozzberry – we were told this beer used 80% of the US annual yield of snozzberries – barrel aged, fruited wild ale
– Block 15 Wonka’s Plum Wit – aged in Pinot Noir barrels
– Fat Head Oompa Loompa Stout – chocolate cream stout
– Crooked Fence Augustus – chocolate black ale
– Snozzberry Beret – gin, strawberry-raspberry balsamic shrub, marionberry liqueur, lemon, egg white- Fizzy Lifting Drink – brandy, benedictine, orgeat, cocoa powder, half & half, soda, shaved Woodblock Chocolate- You’re Turning Violet, Violet! – vodka, blueberry-hibiscus syrup, lemon- The Glass Elevator – Smalls gin & Jack Rudy Elderflower Tonic- Charlie Bucket – bourbon, chocolate vodka, sugar, chocolate & orange bitters, orange peel- The Golden Ticket – rye, Gran Classico, Carpano Bianco, flamed orange peel- Veruca Salt(y Dog) – vodka, campari, fresh squeezed grapefruit, & a pink peppercorn salt rim& a special craft jello shot to be revealed on Monday!Wonka-themed food specials and dessert to be announced.Thanks!