Portland’s Burnside Brewing Co. has established itself as as one of the top brewpubs and restaurants in Oregon, and the day after Christmas the pub is celebrating its 5th Anniversary. To mark the occasion, there will be a 5 Year Anniversary Party, open-house style, on December 26th. The brewery will open at 3pm that afternoon and guests can expect food, fun, and of course, specialty 5 Year Anniversary beers on draft.
Chef Jimmy Askren will be serving up Pork 5 Ways (each with recommended beer pairings) to celebrate year 5. The menu includes:
1. Pig ear terrine with Espelette aioli, blood orange and frisee salad
- Pairs with Corey’s beer: Cold side pepper infused rye pale.
2. Porchetta slider with arugula, pickled pepper relish, and pear
- Pairs with Natalie’s beer: Rye pale with smoked pears, aged in rum barrels
3. Smoked pork belly bahn mi, lime-cilantro aioli, cucumber kimchi
- Pairs with base beer: Burnside 5 rye pale anniversary beer.
4. Sweet Heat bbq pulled pork with roasted fresno pepper and napa cabbage slaw
- Pairs with Chip’s beer: Rye pale darkened with roasted barley, conditioned in a firkin.
5. Chilaquiles with radish salsa
- Pairs with Jason’s beer: Dry hopped with Hopsteiner experimental that has Tangerine and Mandarin notes on the nose with ripe Peach, ripe Apricot and Mango on the tongue; and Apollo hop varietal which has a huge Grapefruit aroma.
Bonus! The first 250 people to arrive at the party will receive a 5th Anniversary Commemorative Goblet!
Burnside Brewing 5th Anniversary Party!
701 E Burnside St, Portland, OR 97214