UPDATED: Tuesday 3/1 which will likely be our last update this year.
As has become an annual tradition, our radars are set to hops as we as kegs of Russian River Brewing’s Pliny the Younger begin appearing in the Portland area. Possibly the most sought after beer in the world, Pliny the Younger is the overhyped triple IPA to Pliny the Elder’s double IPA. A handful of Portland beer bars receive kegs which are usually tapped either inconspicuously or built up with advanced tickets. Our sources tell us kegs of Pliny the Younger started arriving at bars on Monday so you can expect some kegs to go on tap, and atleast one already has.
Roscoe’s – 8105 SE Stark St, Portland, OR 97215 (503) 255-0049
Roscoe’s has announced they are tapping Pliny the Younger this Wednesday 3/2 at 5pm alongside Breakside Safeword Triple IPA, pFriem Triple IPA, Melvin Shaolin Triple IPA, Boneyard Notorious, and Fat Head’s Triple IPA.
The Green Dragon – 928 SE 9th Ave, Portland, Oregon 97214
Tapping their PtY keg for the annual Russian River Night this Monday, March 7th at 5pm, TICKETS REQUIRED. Please call (503) 517-0660 to reserve your spot.
$30 per ticket gets you pours of all 6 beers:
-Pliny The Younger
-Pliny the Elder
Saraveza – 1004 N Killingsworth St Portland, Oregon (503) 206-4252
Ticket sales begin on Saturday February 27th at 11am!
– Tickets go on sale at 11am!
– Pliny the Younger will be tapped on Thursday, March 3rd at 11am and will ONLY BE SERVED TO VALID TICKET HOLDERS!
– You will need your ID both for purchasing tickets, and for redeeming tickets.
– There will be a maximum of 2 tickets sold to one person.
– We will only allow 1 ticket to be redeemed per person on Thursday. (So, you can buy two tickets, and come up here with a friend to have one, but you can’t have both of them, capeesh?)
– Tickets will be $5 each, which gets you a single 8oz pour.
– The tickets are non-refundable.
Keg is tapped on Thursday March the 3rd at 11am!
– You may redeem your ticket any time between 11am and 11pm on Thursday, March 3rd.
– We will have plenty of tasty treats other than Pliny the Younger on tap, as usual!
– You will only get 1 8oz pour of Pliny the Younger with a valid ticket.
– There will not be any refunds for non-redeemed tickets.
Horse Brass Pub
TBA? No word on if Horse Brass received a Younger keg this year or not, but typically they do get one…
APEX 1216 SE Division St. Portland, Oregon 97202
Word is Apex tapped their keg of Pliny the Younger on Wednesday night. Should still be on tap, though it does not appear to be on their online taplist.
Higgins Restaurant – 1239 SW Broadway, Portland, OR 97205 (503) 222-9070
Higgins Restaurant and their lowkey bar are always among the first to get a keg of Pliny the Younger and tap it. Higgins is a venerable institution, one of the original leaders in the farm-to-table movement and one of the first upscale restaurants to embrace beer. Dining here is highly recommended if you have a few bucks to spend at this white table cloth institution. But if your not ready for a sit down meal or just want something more casual, hit their attached bar, especially during happy hour.
Higgins already tapped and kicked thier keg on Wednesday February 24th at 8pm.
Side Street Tavern – 828 SE 34th Ave, Portland, OR 97214 (503) 236-7999
The inner southeast Portland hidden gem tapped their keg on Monday the 29th and it has kicked.
The venerable bottleshop and beer bar received theirs and immediately tapped it yesterday while we were at the Oregon Beer Awards.
Is it still on? Call to find out. It’s gone.
Bailey’s secretly poured their PtY at a ticketed Triple IPA tasting on Monday 2/29.
Already poured theirs.