The Fresh Hop Pop-Up Beer Fest will rotate eight taps devoted to the latest, dankest fresh hop releases from the regions best breweries in an outdoor setting with Oktoberfest style street food options in an all-ages environment. Each day will feature atleast one brewery tapping this years fresh hop beers, so there will be something new and exciting every day. The week kicks off on Tuesday, September 20th with Seattle’s Fremont Brewing. All beers will be available in two sizes – 16oz pints for $5 or half pints for $3. Cash is preferred but there will be an ATM on site.
Introducing Hop-Shine: Boost Your Beer at the Fest!
The Fresh Hop Pop-Up Fest will be demoing the new Hop-Shine fresh hop oil. Upgrade your beers for .50 cents a half pint or $1.00 a pint to get a huge aroma and flavor boost even to already flavorful beers. Individual bottles will be on sale for $18 each. Hop-Shine is not like the other extracts and is made with a natural non chemical extraction processes that captures real WHOLE HOP, FRESH HOP flavor and aroma using new techniques. Hop-Shine can be used lightly to freshen up a beer that’s already amazing without the beer loosing it’s brewers intended character which makes it a perfect fun new compliment to the Fresh Hop Pop-Up Fest. More info at http://www.microhops.net
Featured Brewers & Tappings
The fest will have a variety of beers from many breweries like Burnside, Barley Browns, Ecliptic, Burnside, Goodlife and more that will rotate on through the five days of the fest. However each day different breweries will be on hand from 5-7pm to release this years fresh hop beers. The schedule so far is:
- Tues. 9/20 – Fremont Brewing: Tapping ‘Field To Ferment’ Fresh Hop Pale Ale in two versions, one with Centennial fresh hops and the other with Simcoes.
- Wed. 9/21 – Laurelwood Brewing: Tapping Fresh Hop Workhorse IPA and Fresh Hop Free Range Red.
- Thurs. 9/22 – Breakside Brewery: Tapping last years ‘Beer of the Year’ as chosen by Willamette Week: Fresh Hop Simcoe IPA and Fresh Hop Cascade Wanderlust. Possibly a TBD 3rd fresh hop beer if it’s ready in time!
- Friday 9/23 – Fort George Brewery: The release of Fresh Hop IPA with Amarillos and CoHoprative (mixed fresh hop).
Special Oktoberfest-style Street Food Menu
A special menu prepared by Burnside Brewing available ala carte for the beer garden pop-up.
- Brautwurst with Stout Sauerkraut
- Fressen Pretzel with Beer Cheese Sauce
- Pork Schnitzel Sandwich
- German Potato Salad
Read more at Fresh-Hops.com and follow us on instagram @freshhopfest and on facebook at fb.me/FreshHopPopUpFest
WHAT: Fresh Hop Pop-Up Beer Fest
WHEN: September 20 – 24th, 2016 from 11am – 8pm, All-Ages
COST: Free Entrance. $5 Pints, $3 half Pints. Hop-Shine Upgrade your beer for .50 – $1
WHERE: 7th & E. Burnside, Portland, OR 97214 in the Burnside Brewing Co. parking lot