Southeast Portland’s The Growler Guys outpost is launching a new premium beer geek events called the Brewmaster’s Series. The first chapter will focus on barrel-aged beer with Breakside’s Ben Edmunds and Alesong’s Matt van Wyk. In the vein of Portland Beer Week’s barrel and wild ale seminars, this event will feature samples of barrel-aged beers and snacks from Steve’s Cheese while the brewers wax poetic. Tickets are on sale now for the event on Thursday, January 19th.
Private tasting event with Ben Edmunds, Breakside Brewmaster, and Matt Van Wyk, Alesong Brewmaster
Theme: Barrel-Aged beers with complimentary snacks from Steve’s Cheese
Date/Time: Thursday, January 19th, 6:30 – 8:30pm
Limited tickets available here
- #MakingFriendsMakingMemories: Blend of sour wheat beers aged on raspberries then partially aged in French oak with Brettanomyces
- Fitzcarraldo: A blend of Belgian dark strong ale that spent over 18 months in Bourbon barrels, small portion of a Bourbon barrel-aged stout that had spent 12 months in barrels a dash of Toro Red, a smoky amber ale.
- Wunder Brett: Experimental blonde beer fermented 100% with Brettanomyces, conditioned on aged whole leaf hops, and blended with our Sour Golden ale.
- Shake Your Tree: American wild ale aged in oak barrels with peaches.
- Saison du Vin ’16: Farmhouse ale aged in oak and acacia barrels and conditioned with Muscat juice.
- Rhino Suit: Imperial milk stout aged in bourbon barrels.