Today, Wednesday, February 1st, 2017, Imperial Bottle Shop and Taproom kicks off their annual Imperial Stout Month of events in inner southeast Portland. With the growing success of Imperial Bottle Shop & Taproom’s signature event – the Heart of Darkness Imperial Stout Festival – Imperial has decided to take Stout Month to the next level, and host a series of events for Imperial Stout Month.
The weekly events include:
Featuring the Heart of Darkness Imperial Stout Festival
Get Baptized! Stout Month Kickoff w/Epic
Wednesday, February 1, 4 – 9PM
Kick off stout month in style with a sampling of some very special variants of Epic Brewing Company’s Big Bad Baptist stout, which was recently named the best non-Oregon beer by over twenty experts of the Oregon beer community in The New School : Beer, Cider, News Best of 2016. We’ll be pouring Big Bad Baptista, Double Barrel Baptist, and 2016 Nitro Son of a Baptist with Hotbox Roasters ultra-limited Tequila barrel-aged Ethiopia Yirgacheffe coffee.
Heart of Darkness Imperial Stout Festival
Saturday, February 11, noon – midnight
Imperial pours a decadent lineup of 15 world-class imperial stouts, featuring bourbon-barrel aged stouts and some selections from their cellar, including:
- AleSmith Brewing Company Speedway Stout – Vietnamese Coffee
- Alesong Brewing and Blending Rhino Suit Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Milk Stout
- Block 15 Brewing Co. Super Nebula Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout conditioned on Cocoa Nibs
- The Bruery So Happens It’s Tuesday Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout
- Deschutes Brewery NITRO Abyss Barrel-Aged Russian Imperial Stout
- Ecliptic Brewing Barrel-Aged Oort Imperial Stout
- Evil Twin Brewing 2015 Even More Jesus Imperial Stout
- Fremont Brewing Bourbon Barrel Aged Dark Star Imperial Oatmeal Stout
- Full Sail Brewing Company Bourbon Imperial Stout 2015 Vintage
- Great Notion Brewing TBA
- No-Li Brewhouse Wrecking Ball Imperial Stout aged in whiskey barrels with cherries
- Payette Brewing Co. 2015 Twelve Gauge Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout
- Perennial Artisan Ales Abraxas Imperial Stout brewed with ancho chili peppers, cacao nibs, vanilla beans, and cinnamon sticks
- Santiam Brewing Co. Special Governor’s Reserve Pirate Coconut Imperial Stout 100% Barrel-Aged in Rum and Bourbon Barrels
- Smog City Brewing The Nothing Chocolate Imperial Stout
Entry is free, however attendees will need to either bring their glass from previous years or purchase a $5 commemorative glass, which will be good to use for years to come! Drink tickets will cost $2 each for a 4 oz pour (some beers may be 2 tickets per pour).
Crux Tough Love Vertical w/Moonstruck Chocolate Pairing
Valentine’s Day, Tuesday, February 14, 7 – 10Pm
Have dessert on Valentine’s day in style with a 3-year Crux Fermentation Project Tough Love vertical paired with chocolates from Moonstruck Chocolate. Pairings include a 4 oz pour of each beer with chocolates as follows:
– 2014 Tough Love with Bull Run Distillery Temperance Trader Straight Bourbon Whiskey Truffle
– 2015 Tough Love with Conquistador Hazelnut Praline
– 2016 Tough Love with Milk Chocolate Vanilla Sea Salt Caramel
The pairing will be served from 7 – 10PM, however it is recommended to arrive around 8:15, as Moonstruck Master Chocolatier Julian Rose will be speaking about the pairings at 8:30. All three pairing will cost $17.
Fort George Cellared Stout Night
Thursday, February 23, 5 – 9PM
Fort George Brewery, who hosts the premier Stout Month event in the PNW, certainly shares our love of imperial stouts! So we’re pulling a few Fort George imperial stouts from our cellar, grabbing a couple fresh kegs, and taking Stout Month to the next level! On tap will be:
– North VIII Russian Imperial Stout (2015)
– 2015 Bourbon Barrel Cavatica Imperial Stout
– 2016 From Astoria with Love Russian Imperial Stout
– Matryoshka Bourbon Barrel-Aged Russian Imperial Stout
– Coffee Girl Imperial Stout
– Beta IPA
Beers available by the glass or a 6-beer sampler tray.
For more details on these events, please visit Imperial’s website.