Not far from Portland, Wolves & People Farmhouse Brewery has announced its 2nd anniversary party and Felicitation festival that highlights seven breweries from around the country, in addition to the Newberg-based brewery and tasting room. Tickets are now on sale for the two-day party with a 21+ only session this Saturday, June 23rd from 2-8pm and an all-ages family day on Sunday, June 24th from 12-5pm. Wolves & People will be releasing no fewer than ten new beers, including an official Felicitation anniversary bottled beer release with 22 beers featured in total and advanced tickets are now on sale.
Felicitation 2018, the official beer is a 100% oak-fermented and barrel-aged, Brett-kissed saison with a blend of local jostaberries and raspberries
Wolves & People has revealed ten beers from seven breweries that will be featured alongside their own beers. Below is the featured breweries with descriptions from the brewers:
Alesong – Eugene, OR
A fellow Oregonian farmhouse brewery from former Oakshire head brewer Matt Van Wyck, Alesong makes outstanding saisons, wood-aged beers, and other whimsies.
- Bailey’s Joy – An imperial stout made with cocoa nibs and toasted coconut, a beer made to help celebrate Bailey’s Taproom 10th anniversary! A rich, strong beer with deep, dark chocolate aromas with background hints of toasted coconut and an integrated thread of bourbon piercing the rich decadent flavors. While strong, at 10.5 percent, it drinks sweet, smooth, and balanced. 10.5% ABV
- Raspberry Gose – A gose style ale made with Oregon raspberries from Stahlbush Island Farms and Jacobsen Sea Salt harvested right here on the Oregon coast, this beer is the perfect embodiment of Oregon summer. 4.9% ABV; 9 IBU
Jester King, Austin, TX
A farm-based brewery in the Hill Country outside Austin using indigenous yeasts and an uncompromising approach to quality. Our first head brewer Jordan Keeper was the first head brewer of Jester King, and so far we’ve brewed two collabs with this world-famous brewery.
- RU55 – Barrel aged sour red ale. Red ale aged in oak barrels with wild yeast and souring bacteria. Unfiltered, unpasteurized, and bottle-conditioned. This beer is a tribute to our good friend Russ Beattie. Ranks, Thuss. 7.3% ABV; 16 IBU
- Part & Parcel – Part & Parcel, made from just well water, Texas barley, hops, yeast, and bacteria, is a great example of our philosophy on farmhouse ales. In this case, the land told us what beer to make, not the other way around. 4.4% ABV; 53 IBU
Cloudburst, Seattle, WA
Working out of one of the most unique brewery spaces in the Emerald city, a former stables for mounted police, Cloudburst is gaining wide acclaim for their seemingly never ending stream of clean and hoppy ales.
- Buffering – IPA with Citra, Mandarina, Amarillo, & 2303. 6.4% ABV; 60 IBU
Pen Druid, Sperryville, VA
100% spontaneous, wild, barrel-fermented, wood-fired, and naturally carbonated. Any questions?!
- Sun People – Barrel-fermented and aged 11 months in Hungarian oak. Blended Blonde Sour made with raw organic wheat from the Farm at Sunnyside and our “Critter” culture of wile yeasts and souring bacteria. 7% ABV
E9, Tacoma, WA
Quietly killing it as Tacoma’s first modern brewery (est. 1995), E9 is fast accruing all kinds of buzz for nailing beers across the entire brewing spectrum.
- Dark Passenger – Aged days shy of a full year on Heaven Hills Bourbon Barrels. Wonderful aromas and notes of chocolate, coffee, vanilla, and bourbon make this easy drinking Imperial Stout a timely pleasure to imbibe. 11.5% ABV
Cellar West, Boulder, CO
Founder and head brewer Zach Nichols is rapidly gaining notice in the Rocky Mountains and beyond for an array of wild and barrel aged saisons, wild ales, and experimental brews.
- Westfield – This pale saison is fermented in oak barrels with our wile yeast culture. Wheat, rye & oats lay a pillowy mouthfeel beneath fruity notes of white grape and pear. 6.4% ABV
- Peace & Assist IV (collab with Call to Arms brewing co.) – Brewed in the spirit of Colorado Comraderie, this special rye saison is fermented in oak barrels with our wild yeast culture. Made with raw and malted rye and dry hopped lightly with Hallertau Blanc and Amarillo hops. 5.6% ABV
Twin Sails, Port Moody, Vancouver BC
Harking from the outskirts East of Vancouver, BC, Twin Sails are stalwarts of the local beer scene, which we’re happy to help show off in their first Oregon appearance.
- Single Whammy (hoppy) – Our brand new full time IPA. Single Whammy is brewed with Australian hops, Galaxy and Vic Secret. Expect huge tropical fruit and citrus notes upfront, balanced by a slightly dank finish. 6.7% ABV; 56 IBU
WHEN: SATURDAY JUNE 23, 2-8pm (limited bottle release/ages 21+) and SUNDAY JUNE 24, 12-5pm (families welcome, no admission)
WHERE: Wolves & People Farmhouse Brewery, 30203 NE Benjamin Rd. Newberg OR 97132
$20 TASTING TICKET: Entry for one guest on June 23rd (21+) plus a nice commemorative glass designed by our in-house artist Jason Sturgill; THREE 4oz. beer tastes of any draft (see extended list under the “additional info” tab), and access to several bottle releases! Limit one ticket/one glass per person at entry.
$40 – TOASTING TICKET:
1 Entry, 1 Glass, SIX four-ounce tastes, PLUS a 500ml bottle of Felicitation 2018. So good!
Each ticket holder must be present to pick up Felicitation. The bottles will be available for pickup at anytime during the event.
ON SUNDAY: The Tasting Room & Beer Garden will be open Sunday for all ages from noon-5pm for no admission cost, but Felicitation, glassware, and other special beers for Saturday may be sold out. Thanks and let us know if you have questions!