Eugene, Oregon’s Alesong Brewing and Blending will release five new beers in August: French 75, Gose Añejo, Señor Rhino Visions and Pomme. Alesong is also announcing new membership plans and a party for its members for the new beer releases on Saturday, August 18th, from noon to 6pm.
More from a press release:
“We’re in the heart of beautiful, sunny Oregon summer” says cofounder, Doug Coombs, “and if you’re anything like us, you think it’s perfect beer drinking weather and we’re here to help you make the most of it with a really fun new lineup of barrel-aged beers!”
- French 75 – Inspired by the classic cocktail – this gin-barrel-aged saison is citrusy, spicy, and effervescent – perfect for your summer garden parties!
- Gose Añejo – Blended or on the rocks? This tart, citrusy and salty gose was aged in extra Añejo tequila barrels and will have you imagining you are on a beach in Mexico!
- Señor Rhino – Another trip south of the border – our rich and chocolatey bourbon-aged stout gets spiced up with cinnamon cocoa nibs, vanilla and Ancho Chiles
- Visions– Our never-ending search for the perfect blend – mildly tart, fragrant and balanced, this beer was conditioned with Muscat grape juice to add a beautiful fruity depth
- Pomme — Inspired by the complex and funky ciders of France, this lightly spicy harvest ale blend was refermented on over 1,000 lbs of whole cider apples
In conjunction with the new release, Alesong will be hosting celebrations for members on 8/18 at its tasting room and 8/22 at Beermongers in Portland with tastings and food pairings at each. The new beers will be available for the general public in the tasting room and select restaurants and bottle shops beginning on 8/20.
Alesong is also announcing new membership options where members will automatically receive bottles at each quarterly release, access to exclusive club only beers, cellar offerings, complimentary tasting flights and discounts on all purchases. Visit alesongbrewing.com/join for more information on the club options.
People interested in signing up on Alesong’s no-commitment mailing list to pre-order beers for pick up at the release party or direct shipping (AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, MA, NE, NH, NY, OH, OR, PA, WA, WI) can sign up and find out more info at alesongbrewing.com/list.
ABOUT ALESONG BREWING AND BLENDING: Alesong Brewing and Blending is a small artisan brewery based in the heart of Southern Willamette Valley wine country that crafts unique and small-batch beers with a focus on oak aging and Belgian-inspired techniques, brewing both wild and non-wild beers, using locally grown fruits, herbs and a host of special yeasts and other microbes. Once the beer in the barrels has matured, the team samples and selects each barrel individually to blend. Paying homage to old-world Lambic blenders and artisan winemakers, Alesong believes that the final, balanced blend of a barrel-aged beer is much more satisfying than the sum of its parts or each individual barrel by itself. For more information, visitalesongbrewing.com.