Jameson finished in Bale Breaker and Revolution Brewing beer barrels, crafting two new limited edition products, inspired by local tastemakers Press release: One brewery from Logan Square, Chicago, IL.
Alesong Brewing & Blending in Eugene, Oregon’s countryside is releasing 5 new beers for customers who pre-order and Blenders Circle members. In conjunction with the beer release, Alesong is throwing a summer celebration on Saturday and Sunday August 17-18th from 1-6pm at the tasting room located at 80848 Territorial Highway. Sign up for a membership or pre-order at alesongbrewing.com/join.
More from a press release:
“Each quarterly release we get a little better at this,” says cofounder, Doug Coombs, “people love the food pairing events and the new beers are tasting awesome! We’re especially excited for these new wine beers that really show off our local Terroir.”
· Terroir: Pinot Noir Blanc – This honey-colored beer underwent a second fermentation on fresh pressed Pinot Noir juice from Benton Lane winery. This subtly nuanced beer/wine hybrid expresses rich berry notes with hints of pear, lemon, and baked apples.
· Terroir: Cabernet Sauvignon – This deep garnet-colored beer underwent a second fermentation on 2018 Cabernet grapes from the Horse Heaven Hills AVA. Rich, jammy, wine grape flavors are balanced by firm tannins from the grape skin ferment and the French oak barrels in this luscious beer/wine hybrid.
· Ginger Snap – Spicy ginger, warm cinnamon, and smooth vanilla beans make up Grandma’s favorite cookies, and also our newest sour beer. After aging our Flanders Red inspired sour base in neutral oak barrels for nearly 18 months, we added ginger snap spices to our final blend.
· Cucumber Tom & Tonic – Inspired by a classic G&T with cucumber slices, this beer started as our golden sour base and was aged in Old Tom Gin barrels from Ransom Spirits imparting elements of spicy and earthy gin botanicals and finished on Oregon grown cucumbers for a complex and refreshing beer
· BeerMongers Biscotti – A blend of rich imperial stouts matured in Heaven Hill bourbon barrels and finished on orange peel, cocoa nibs, coffee, Jacobsen sea salt and hazelnuts. Crafted in celebration of 10 successful years of mongering at The BeerMongers and as a nod towards the next 10!
In conjunction with the new release, Alesong will be hosting celebrations on 8/17 & 8/18at its tasting room and 08/29 at The BeerMongers in Portland for club members and guests who pre-order bottles. Guests at both events will receive a complimentary tasting of the new beers with ice cream pairings from Prince Puckler’s at the 8/17-18 tasting room release. The new beers will be available for the public in the tasting room and at select restaurants and bottle shops beginning the following week.
ABOUT ALESONG BREWING AND BLENDING:Alesong Brewing and Blending is a small artisan brewery based in the heart of Southern Willamette Valley wine country that crafts unique and small-batch beers with a focus on oak aging and Belgian-inspired techniques, brewing both wild and non-wild beers, using locally grown fruits, herbs and a host of special yeasts and other microbes. Once the beer in the barrels has matured, the team samples and selects each barrel individually to blend. Paying homage to old-world Lambic blenders and artisan winemakers, Alesong believes that the final, balanced blend of a barrel-aged beer is much more satisfying than the sum of its parts or each individual barrel by itself. For more information, visitalesongbrewing.com.
Founder of The New School and most frequent contributor Ezra Johnson-Greenough has worked in the craft beer industry for almost 10 years, doing everything from illustrating beer labels to bartending at renowned beer bars and breweries like Belmont Station, Apex, Laurelwood and Upright Brewing. He has also had a hand in creating events like the Portland Fruit Beer Festival, Portland Beer Week, and the Brewing up Cocktails series. He is available for freelance consultation in marketing, events, graphic design and branding.