Don Scheidt has been into good beer since before the dawn of craft brewing in the Pacific Northwest. He created the Northwest Brewpage, a regional guide to good beer in Oregon and Washington, back in the mid-1990s, but has since retired it. Don started writing the Washington state “Puget Soundings” column for Celebrator Beer News in 1998, and continues to do that today. Don also wrote about beer for the Seattle Weekly in 2005-2006.
Recent posts by Don Scheidt
- If you’ve skimmed recent feeds from Eater PDX or Portland Monthly, you might have seen mention of a new bar, Tulip Shop Tavern, planning to open on North Killingsworth Street just a short couple of blocks from Saraveza, another popular local beer bar.2 min read
- Industry News4 months agoRIP Matt Bonney, Seattle Publican Passes Away at age 45Don ScheidtThere are these few Seattle beer shops and bars that do more than stand the test of time.4 min read
- Eventsabout 1 year agoPreview of McMenamins Inaugural Edgefield BrewfestDon ScheidtLong entrenched in Pacific Northwest craft-brewing history, the Edgefield complex in many ways is one of the pinnacles of the McMenamins mini-empire.2 min read
- Beer Releaseabout 1 year agoFirefox and Widmer Open-Source Their ‘Opensourcery IPA’Don ScheidtMaybe you’ve heard the term “open-source” before.2 min read
- Industry Newsover 1 year agoUppers and Downers at Portland’s New ‘Coffee Beer’ BarDon ScheidtPortland’s twin obsessions with coffee and beer are long-standing and with good reason: the city is home to some superb coffee roasters, and the city’s beer scene has a rep so good, it’s gone global.1 min read