John Chilson writes about Portland history and architecture at Lost Oregon. He's also written for Neighborhood Notes, Travel Oregon, Portland Architecture, Askmen.org, San Diego Reader, and Portland Food and Drink. Follow him on twitter at @LostOregon for local history nerdism; for beer tweets he's at @Hopfrenzy. Shoot him an email at email@example.com if you want to get in touch.
Recent posts by John Chilson
- Books17 days agoInterview with Phil Busse, author of Southern Oregon Beer: A Pioneering HistoryJohn ChilsonYou think it’s tough opening up a brewery in Portland these days? Imagine trying to open a brewery, get the equipment, get the materials and resources like hops and barley, and have it all shipped to Jacksonville, Oregon…in the 1850s.3 min read
- Industry Newsover 1 year agoLittle Beast moves production facilities from Beaverton to ClackamasJohn ChilsonComing off a recent nod from Beer Advocate’s 50 of the Best New Breweries and the imminent opening of its new beer garden and barrel house on Division, Little Beast has been busy and just announced it’s moving production facilities from Beaverton to Clackamas.1 min read
- Industry Newsover 1 year agoFrom Corporate Life to Brewing in a Barn Full-TimeJohn ChilsonBent Shovel is a four year-old nano brewery on a farm, in a barn that I wrote about November 2015 when they were just a few months old.1 min read
- Industry Newsover 1 year agoMt. Hood Brewing Opening Portland Location at Tilikum CrossingJohn ChilsonConstruction of the new Mt. Hood Brewing Co.2 min read
- Industry Newsover 1 year agoFrom Warehouse to Beerhouse: Reclaiming Old Buildings for New Spaces with Buoy BeerJohn ChilsonBuoy Beer Company needs no introduction.3 min read